Sunday, September 9, 2012

like a cosmic bucket...snapseed + colorsplash


Once in a while, I'll take my iPhone with me on my long weekend run.

This morning, I drove up to Sabino Canyon, on Tucson's NE edge.
With the recent rains, the desert is green:
The typical pattern here in the summer is clear mornings,
with clouds building in the afternoon,
and then evening thunderstorms...
But today began with clouds.

Ominous saguaros...
Some 'paperflower' in bloom...
(I've been playing with my new 
photo-editing 
 'flavor-of-the-month'
in addition to snapseed:
an app called "ColorSplash")

so green!

Running into the canyon,
after about 2.5 miles,
a reflecting pool below Thimble Peak:
Nice to have so much water;
a couple of months ago, this pool had completely dried up...

Plenty of sacred datura blooms
(a.k.a. 'jimson weed' or even 'Indian whiskey')

...and morning-glory:
(another "ColorSplashed" shot)

...as I came back out of the Canyon, though, the sky had turned ominous,
curtains of rain on the horizon...

and then--WHOA!
--like some cosmic bucket pouring out over the vastness...

It's unusual to have a morning thunderstorm;
 this cell came rolling over the Rincon Mountains from the east...

And that was this morning around Tucson.

============================================
And, just one more 'colorsplashed' and 'snapseeded' shot for tonight--
Hyangweonjeon Pavilion
("Far-reaching fragrance")
in Gyeongbok-gung Palace in Seoul:

No comments:

Post a Comment